You can help expand by adding: general content.
You can help clean up by reworking the article in general.
|Originally Aired:||July 19, 2008|
"Benchwarmers" is the 19th episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. London does not make the cheerleading squad at Cheevers High, so she, Cody, and their friends decide to create their own squad, led by Mr. Moseby (who did cheerleading in high school and was even the captain).
Meanwhile, Zack tries out for boys' basketball and manages to make junior varsity--however, Zack (despite having been a star athlete in middle school) ends up becoming the worst player on the team (his coach even claims that his only actual strength are free throws) and has to adjust to being a benchwarmer.
Zack tries out for the high school basketball team but realizes there's some stiff competition, the kind he didn't face in middle school, and worse yet, the giant, in-your-face Coach Little (Michael Clarke Duncan). Meanwhile, when they're rejected as cheerleaders, Cody and London form their own cheer-leading squad with the help of Mr. Moseby, who ends up doing a jumping cheer and landing right into the arms of a gruff Coach Little.
- Mr. Moseby: Cheerleading has made me the man I am today.
- Carey: Short and fussy?
- Mr. Moseby: Well-dressed and your boss.
- London: Whoa! Someone give me a B, give me a I, give me a T, E, R! What does that spell?
- Barbara: "Biter"?
- London: I meant to spell "bitter".
- Cody: You know, that's pretty close for London.
- Cody: See, you'd never see Barbara trying out for cheerleading. She's way too intellectual for that.
- Barbara: Look, Cody! My pom-poms match my glitter!
- Cody: Barbara, what are you doing here?
- Barbara: Well, I'm in high school now and I wanna show people that there's more to me than just... math and science. (pushes her glasses up)
- Cody: Barbara, you don't wanna go out there, flouncing around, wearing some short, tight, little skirt. (gets an excited look on his face) Go and get 'em, honey and don't take no for an answer!
- Coach Little: (to Zack) Free throws are your strength.
- Zack: What are my weaknesses?
- Coach Little: Just about everything else.
- Haley: I once hid for four weeks with no one finding me.
- Nia: I got a feeling no one was looking for her.
- Dana: May the best squad win.
- Barbara: Proper grammar is "the better squad" and you're on, girl!
- Nia: (to Dana) Oh, you like spirit? You're about to become one!
- Zack's weight is probably responsible for him failing to make the team.
- This is the last episode Maddie is absent in.
- This is the last appearance of Giovonnie Samuels with her role of Nia Moseby only in Season 3.
|This article is a stub. You can help The Suite Life Wiki by expanding it.|