|Special Guest:||Kim Rhodes as Carey Martin|
Robert Torti as Kurt Martin
Brian Stepanek as Arwin Hochauser
|Director:||Eric Dean Seaton|
|Originally Aired:||May 6, 2011|
- This article is about the series finale of The Suite Life on Deck. You may be looking for the similarly-titled episode from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
"Graduation on Deck" is the 22nd episode of third season of The Suite Life on Deck, as well as the series finale. It is also the final episode in the Suite Life series which started with "Hotel Hangout". Zack, Cody, London, Bailey, Woody, Maya, and Addison graduate from Seven Seas High in this episode.
Everyone walks into Ms. Tutweiller's class. Zack and Maya are watching an embarrassing video of Woody that was posted by his step-father Steve. The students receive some news (which Bailey hopes is that Mr. Moseby and Miss. Tutweiller are getting married), the ship has been sold and the seniors have a week to prepare for graduation until the ship is sold. Everyone is miserable, except for London, who is excited that they are demolishing the "Stupid Sea School."
Cody comes into the aqua lounge and tells Bailey that he thinks they should begin practicing their co-valedictorian speech. Zack learns that Maya has been accepted into the Peace Corps, and will be assigned to the country of Chad in Africa for two years. This surprises Zack, and he becomes confused. Woody and Addison are responsible for putting together the yearbook, and Ms. Tutweiller chases London around the ship, trying to tell her she needs a foreign language class passed to graduate. On the sky deck, Zack tells Cody that he needs to break up with Maya, and Cody allows him to practice his breakup speech on him. But Zack decides to wing it and tries to break up with Maya. Zack cannot do it though, and Cody tells him that it is because Zack loves Maya. Zack decides to try and make the long-term relationship work. Meanwhile, Ms. Tutweiller chains London to a desk until she can pass Spanish class, but London is too clueless. Cody looks through the mail and sees that his letter from Yale University is here. Woody takes it and reads through the envelope, and despite Cody's pledge to open his letter with Bailey, he allows Woody to continue. Woody reads the word "regret", sending Cody into a panic, taking the envelope and reading the rest. To his devastation, he finds out that Yale has rejected him. He slumps onto his bed in tears, and wipes his eyes—with Woody's extra underwear.
Woody tries to cheer him up, but not even math will work. Cody is worried about Bailey because he believes that if he didn't get in, than she wouldn't. Bailey comes in the room though and tells him that she got in. Cody is now overly upset, and Bailey, after reading Cody's Yale letter, doesn't know what to do. Also, Zack tells Maya that he thinks they can make things work, but Maya breaks up with Zack, telling him she doesn't think a long-distance relationship will work. Zack is extremely angry and upset to get dumped, and the couch he's sitting on crashes to the floor, causing Zack to fall out. Meanwhile, London finally learns Spanish thanks to Ms. Tutweiller, and she gets to graduate.
Carey and Kurt come aboard the ship, happily awaiting the boys graduation. Bailey finally meets Carey and Kurt (giving Carey a hug and Kurt a hand shake) but she delivers some bad news. Cody didn't get into Yale and he won't come out of his room. Maya then approaches and tells Carey and Kurt that she broke up with Zack and he will not come out of his room either. She runs off. Carey and Kurt split up.
Carey talks to Cody and tells him that he is brilliant and that it is Yale's loss that Cody wasn't accepted. Meanwhile, Kurt talks to Zack and tells him that there will be other girls and that he knows how he feels. The parents tell the kids that the other sibling isn't going to graduation either. The twins run out at the same time and ask themselves why they aren't going to graduation. They convince each other to go to graduation and Carey and Kurt reflect on how they raised such wonderful kids. They sit down with Arwin, who is still obsessed with Carey and is jealous of Kurt.
At the ceremony, Cody and Bailey deliver a heartfelt speech. Bailey tries to speak, but she says she cannot do this. She doesn't want to go to Yale without Cody, because she loves him too much. Cody talks her into going though, and says they will still be together. Frankie, the construction worker, starts to tear the ship up, but Mr. Moseby calls Mr. Tipton and finally stands up to him, telling him that they are going to finish the graduation ceremony first. The students line up and Miss. Tutweiller says their names alphabetically. Woody thanks his mother and especially doesn't thank Steve. Zack says he also prepared a speech and recites: "Congratulations to the senior class, high school, you can kiss my..." (Miss. Tutweiller stops him quickly). The graduates throw their hats in the air. They have officially graduated.
At the juice bar for the last time, everyone says their goodbyes. Woody and Addison hand out the yearbooks, and the friends sign each others. Mr. Moseby proposes to Miss. Tutweiler, and she quickly replies yes, telling him that she has to go call her mother, rub it in her face and pick out bridesmaids dresses for her cats. London and Moseby say goodbye, but London has Moseby's number on speed dial if she ever needs help. But she calls right away and is sad because she doesn't want to leave him. London will miss Bailey and they hug before she leaves. But she hugs Zack and Cody and heads off to Paris. Woody goes up to Zack and Cody and says he will miss them so much, but the boys say that they are going to a Yankee's game later that night. But Woody says, "but that is a whole four hours away!" and leaves. Cody and Bailey hold hands and talk about how even though Cody didn't get into Yale, Cody will still visit and they will see each other in two weeks for a math tournament where they plan to kick the opponent's butts. Then, Cody says he loves Bailey and Bailey replies that she loves him squared. They share a romantic kiss. Then Bailey hugs Zack and leaves. Mr. Moseby finally approaches the boys and tells them he always thought they would be the one to destroy the ship and admits he will miss them. Then the twins ask Mr. Moseby where he and Miss. Tutweiler will be living but he doesn't want to tell them. He wants the boys out of his life but Zack and Cody say that they will always find him and scare Moseby away. Zack and Cody depart the ship and head off to see what new adventures await them. The episode closes with a yearbook with pictures of all the students.
- Miss. Tutweiller: (announcing names of graduates; she announces London's name)
- Moseby: Seems like just yesterday she couldn't tie her shoes.
- London: That was yesterday!
- Zack: Goodbye seniors, goodbye class, high school, you can— (Ms. Tutweiller stops him quickly.)
- London: (to Moseby) Don't worry, I've got you on speed dial. I'll call you if I ever have a problem. (walks away and calls)
- Moseby: (answers) Hello?
- London: (on the I phone, crying) I have a problem. I'm gonna miss you!
(final lines of the series)
- Cody: Well Zack, we lived in a hotel, on a boat. What's next?
- Zack: I don't know, but wherever we go we're taking that hot tub with us.
- Cody: How are going to swing that?
- Zack: I slipped Frankie a $20.
- Cody: You took that from my wallet?
- Zack: Actually, I took a $50. I just gave her a $20.
|"Graduation on Deck" sneak peeks||"Graduation on Deck" promotion|
- This episode is a special 40-minute episode and the series finale of The Suite Life on Deck. It also marks the end of the The Suite Life series.
- The episode was later edited down to a half hour for a subsequent airings. Some portions of the half-hour version were cut, such as the scene where a podium gets chainsawed, as well as the slideshow during the credits.
- Three clips of this episode were shown on Saturday, April 2 during a special presentation of The Suite Life Movie.
- During the first episode, "The Suite Life Sets Sail", Woody says to Cody that he brought one pair of underwear. However, Woody finally finds that he brought two pairs of underwear.
- The S.S. Tipton, the setting for The Suite Life on Deck, is sold.
- It is possible that Maya was supposed to come to Boston for Thanksgiving, but cannot due to going into the Peace Corps and her and Zack breaking up.
- This episode received 4.6 million viewers. However, it was not the most-viewed episode.
- When Carey asked if Zack is really graduating, she may be alluding to "Graduation", when Zack only pretended he was graduating.
- Zack and Cody are the last two characters to speak in this episode, making them the last two characters to speak in the entire Suite Life series.
- It is unknown what Zack and Cody will be doing after graduation.
- Main article: Graduation on Deck/Gallery
|The Suite Life on Deck (Season 3)|
|The Silent Treatment • Rat Tale • So You Think You Can Date? • My Oh Maya • Das Boots • Bon Voyage • Computer Date • Party On! • Love and War • Trouble in Tokyo • The Ghost and Mr. Martin • Senior Ditch Day • My Sister's Keeper • Frozen • A London Carol • The Play's the Thing • Twister: Part 1 • Twister: Part 2 • Twister: Part 3 • Snakes on a Boat • Prom Night • Graduation on Deck|