You can help clean up by merge Story & Summary, leave a bit in lead and take out extraneous bits; clean up quotes.
|Guest Stars:||Erin Cardillo as Ms. Tutweiller|
Rachael Bell as Addison
Chad Duell as Holden
Steve Monroe as Haggis
|Absent:||Phill Lewis as Mr. Moseby|
|Originally Aired:||October 24, 2008|
"International Dateline" is the 6th episode of the first season of The Suite Life on Deck. Cody attempts to woo Bailey at the school's dance the coming evening. But with the ship headed for the International Date Line, Cody soon finds himself repeating the day over and over until he can live it just right.
Miss Tutweiller tells her class about how the S.S. Tipton is going to pass across the International Dateline that night, but says it's not a big deal. Meanwhile, Zack and Cody are excited about the school dance that night. Cody wants to impress Bailey, his crush, at the dance, while Zack is excited about being the DJ for the event. When the dance begins, Cody asks Zack to play Bailey's favorite song and tries to make the setting perfect.
However, Cody gets distracted by Woody, who tells him a joke but messes up several times in the middle of it, an elderly lady who believes she is at a karate class rather than a dance, and then by London, who wants him to help fix her dress, and by the time he can dance, he sees Bailey already dancing with a tall and handsome guy.
Suddenly, lightning strikes and the time shifts back to the beginning, when Cody and his friends are in Miss Tutweiller's class. Cody realizes that he must have been caught in a time loop, although nobody else is aware of it. He attempts to make his second time at the school dance perfect with Bailey, using what he already knows is going to happen to plan out what to do.
During the dance, he goes through the joke quickly with Woody, gets kicked by the elderly lady, and sews London's dress at top speed. He meets up with Bailey and they dance happily, but just as Cody asks her what she feels about him, she vomits in Haggis's hat from the bad shrimp she ate before.
Lightning strikes once more and Cody is back in Miss Tutweiller's classroom. Knowing that he and Bailey have yet to enjoy a romantic dance together, Cody concludes that fate is repeating the day to give him more chances to make things right with Bailey. That night, the dance goes perfectly. Cody and Bailey dance romantically together, but just as they're about to kiss, thunder strikes again, repeating the day for the third time.
Cody realizes that every time, as the S.S. Tipton crossed the International Dateline, the time reversed and the day was repeated. This time, he reduces the ship's speed to break the time loop, and the ship crosses the line without reversing time at all. The night ends fairly well, although Zack ends up giving the bad shrimp to the boy with whom Bailey danced the first time, causing him to vomit on Bailey's shoes.
- Cody: So when you cross the dateline you have to turn your clocks back 24 hours, a full day.
- Tutweiller: Correct. Which is what we are going to do tonight.
- Zack: That works for me. Because if tomorrow is going to be today again, then today is actually yesterday, which means that yesterday's homework isn't due today, it's really due tomorrow.
- Tutweiller: In other words you didn't do your homework?
- Zack: Yet.
- Zack: Dude, you're crying! Chick flick marathon or cooking with onions?
- Cody: Neither. Woody has been cutting the cheese for the last hour.
- Zack: Is that what that was? I thought that was the ship's foghorn!
- Cody: Our room is filled with noxious gas. One spark and the entire ship could blow up.
- Ms. Tutweiller: Addison! First off, no more sugar... for the rest of your life.
- Ms. Tutweiller: London, can you tell me what this is?
- Cody: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
- Ms. Tutweiller: You're probably right, Cody, but let's give her a chance anyway.
- When Cody is living the same day over and over again, this is what happened on the 1993 movie Groundhog Day, where a weatherman (played by Bill Murray) relives the same day over and over again in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.
- Zack tells Cody "I could be Wolfman Zack, howl howl". This is a parody name for the legendary D.J. Wolfman Jack, who is famous for howling on the radio and playing records in the 1950s and 1960s. He also played records on the 1973 movie American Graffiti.
- Cody experienced the same day eighty-seven times.
- It is possible the plot based on Stargate SG-1 episode "Window of Opportunity" where Earth is stuck in time loop and Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c are forced to relive the same span of several hours over and over again.
- First appearance of Addison.
- This is the first episode in the Suite Life series that Mr. Moseby is absent from.
|The Suite Life on Deck (Season 1)|
|The Suite Life Sets Sail • Parrot Island • Broke 'N' Yo-Yo • The Kidney of the Sea • Showgirls • International Dateline • It's All Greek to Me • Sea Monster Mash • Flowers and Chocolate • Boo You • seaHarmony • The Mommy and the Swami • Maddie on Deck • When in Rome... • Shipnotized • Mom and Dad on Deck • The Wrong Stuff • Splash & Trash • Mulch Ado About Nothing • Cruisin' for a Bruisin' • Double-Crossed|