You can help clean up by merge Story & Summary, leave a bit in lead and take out extraneous bits; clean up quotes.
|Guest Stars:||Cole Sprouse as Cody Martin |
Dylan Sprouse as Zack Martin
Debby Ryan as Bailey Pickett
Brenda Song as London Tipton
|Absent:||Phil Lewis as Mr. Moseby|
|Originally Aired:||October 24, 2008|
"International Dateline" is the 6th episode of the first season of The Suite Life on Deck.
The episode starts when Miss Tutweiller tells the class about the School Dance that night. She also tells her students about the International Dateline, because the S.S. Tipton was going to pass it during the dance. Also, this time, Cody finally wants to tell Bailey how he loves her. His idea was dancing with her in the School Dance, and in the moment, they see they are one for the other; also, Cody's plan goes bad, and when he see how Bailey is dancing with another guy, the S.S. Tipton passes over the International Dateline, just when it passes over, the ship is hit by lightning, and the time reversal lands Cody back to the time exactly when Miss Tutweiller was telling the class about the International Dateline. Cody is the only person who knows it, and he plans to get a romantic dance with Bailey, and that fate is giving him the chance.
Miss Tutweiller tells her class about how the S.S Tipton is going to pass across the International Dateline that night, but says it's not a big deal. Meanwhile, Zack and Cody are excited about the school dance that night. Cody wants to impress Bailey, his crush, at the dance, while Zack is excited about being the DJ for the event. When the dance begins, Cody asks Zack to play Bailey's favorite song and tries to make the setting perfect. However, Cody gets distracted by Woody, who tells him a joke but messes up several times in the middle of it, an elderly lady who believes she is at a karate class rather than a dance, and then by London, who wants him to help fix her dress, and by the time he can dance, he sees Bailey already dancing with a tall and handsome guy. Suddenly, lightning strikes and the time shifts back to the beginning, when Cody and his friends are in Miss Tutweiller's class. Cody realizes that he must have been caught in a time loop, although nobody else is aware of it. He attempts to make his second time at the school dance perfect with Bailey, using what he already knows is going to happen to plan out what to do. During the dance, he goes through the joke quickly with Woody, gets kicked by the elderly lady, and sews London's dress at top speed. He meets up with Bailey and they dance happily, but just as Cody asks her what she feels about him, she vomits in Haggis's hat from the bad shrimp she ate before. Lightning strikes once more and Cody is back in Miss Tutweiller's classroom. Knowing that he and Bailey have yet to enjoy a romantic dance together, Cody concludes that fate is repeating the day to give him more chances to make things right with Bailey. That night, the dance goes perfectly. Cody and Bailey dance romantically together, but just as they're about to kiss, thunder strikes again, repeating the day for the third time. Cody realizes that every time, as the S.S. Tipton crossed the International Dateline, the time reversed and the day was repeated. This time, he reduces the ship's speed to break the time loop, and the ship crosses the line without reversing time at all. The night ends fairly well, although Zack ends up giving the bad shrimp to the boy with whom Bailey danced the first time, causing him to vomit on Bailey's shoes.
- Tutweiller: Has anyone ever heard of the International Dateline?
(Cody and Bailey raise hands.)
- Woody: What you say to a French babe so she'll go out with you?
- Bailey: No. It's an imaginary line created in 1884 to the east of which the date is a day earlier than it is to the west.
- Cody: So when you cross the dateline you have to turn your clocks back 24 hours, a full day.
- Tutweiller: Correct. (clap, clap) Yay. Which is what we are going to do tonight.
- Zack: That works for me. Because if tomorrow is going to be today again, then today is actually yesterday, which means that yesterday's homework isn't due today, it's really due tomorrow.
- Tutweiller: In other words you didn't do your homework?
- Zack: Not yet.
:(Zack is laying on his bead listening to music pretending to drum. Cody walks in gasping. Zack sits up.)
- Zack: Dude, you're crying! Chick flick marathon or cooking with onions?
- Cody: Neither. Woody has been cutting the cheese for the last hour.
- Zack: Is that what that was? I thought that was the ship's foghorn!
- Cody: Our room is filled with noxious gas. One spark and the entire ship could blow up.
- Zack: It better not. I'm DJ-ing the dance tonight. Which style do you like better? There is wolf-man Zack. (Howl) 'This is wolf-man Zack spinnin' the hits yesterday today and tomorrow baby. mm.' Or 'Yo yo yo this is Grand Master Zack kickin' it old school with the wheels of steel. Wiki wiki, hm. Wiki wiki, hm. mmmm
- Cody: Hope there's a third choice. But if you're DJ-ing tonight I need you to play a slow song for Bailey and me.
- Zack: I didn't know there was a Bailey and you.
- Cody: There will be. Tonight I am going to make my move and get out of the friend zone.
- Zack: (sarcastically) Uh uh! Good luck. Once your in the friend zone, there's no getting out. It's like the maze on the Kiddie menu at Benny's.
- Cody: Most four-year-olds can do those.
- Zack: Nuh uh. No matter which way the horsey goes, he always runs into a cactus.
- Cody: Not with this cowboy in the saddle. Tonight, when the mood is right, and we're dancing under the moon light, I'm gonna make my move.
(porthole slams open)
- Zack: You can forget that 'under the moon light' thing. They're probably going to move the dance inside.
(Explosion. Woody walks in, hair sticking up, burnt places on his shirt, and dark face.)
- Zack: What happened to you?
- Woody: I don't know. I shuffled across the floor, touched the door knob, there was a flash, and all of a sudden the room smelled like burnt bologna.
:Tutweiller: London. Can you tell me what this is?
- London: A bad manicure?
- Tutweiller: No. Though, ew. OK. Has anyone heard of the International Dateline?
- Cody: Wait a second. What's going on here? We already learned about the International Dateline.
- Tutweiller: I'm sorry if you read ahead, Cody, but I have to teach to the lowest common denominator.
(Zack is balancing a pencil on his nose.)
- Zack: Whoa whoa, we're doing Math now? I thought this was Geography.
- Cody: No. I mean what happened to the dance?
- Bailey: You mean the one we're having tonight?
- Cody: I'm having the strangest sense of deja vu.
- London: Deja who?
- Cody: Deja vu. It's French for 'I've seen this all before'.
- Zack: Wait a second this is French? I thought this was Math.
- Woody: Hey, Cody I...
- Cody: You're a little hoarse. Great joke. The ladies will love you.
- Woody: Thanks.
- Cody: No problem. (Grabs a tray of shrimp from a waiter) Hey, why don't you celebrate with shrimp?
- Woody: Ok.
- Bailey: (to no one) Goose darn it! Where are all the shrimp?
- Cody: Yes, everything is going according to plan. Miss Pepperman! Over here.
- Pepperman: Do I know you? Are you one of my grand kids?
- Cody: No, I'm your Sensei. Welcome honorable pupil. (both bow)
- Pepperman: Hoy. (just before she hits him)
- Cody: Congratulations. You have earned your blue belt.
- Pepperman: Yes. I gotta go show my mom.
- London: Cody! Thank goodness I found you. M...
- Cody: (interrupting) Your dress is ripped. Don't worry. Expert seamstress at your service.
- London: Wow. You're telepathetic! And I just thought you walked around with stupid stuff like bear repellent.
- Cody: Oh, it's not stupid. You never know when your going to have to repel something unsavory. (Sprays on guy that is going to dance with Bailey)
- Zack: Okay, everybody grab a partner. We're going to slow things down a bit.
- Bailey: (to herself) Oh, I love this song.
- Cody: I picked it just for you. Care to dance? I know it's kind of slow but it's better for talking. (They go onto the floor.)
- Bailey: Okay, so, did you finish the proof for that Geometry problem?
- Cody: Yeah, but tonight I thought we could talk about other things besides Math. (They go into a correct dancing posture)
- Bailey: Oh, I get it. You want to talk about the Science project.
- Cody: Not exactly. (he spins her)
- Bailey: Whoa. That was fun.
- Cody: You were saying?
- Bailey: I, uh, forgot. (He spins her again and lays her back ) Wow Cody.
- Cody: Don't talk. Tonight we speak the language of dance. (He pulls her up, they move closer together, then Time warp.)
- Tutweiller: London. Can you tell me what this is?
- Cody: NOOOOOO!!!
- Tutweiller: You're probably right, Cody, but let's give her a chance anyway. (London looks at him and shakes her head.)
:Cody: Then the explosion. (Boom. He opens the door, we see Woody again.) And crispy Woody. (Closes door)
:Tutweiller: (After finding out that Addison ate the sugar decorations) Addison! First off no more sugar...for the rest of your life.
- Mrs. Pepperman makes a second appearance. Her first appearance was in "Parrot Island". You can tell by the way she says "no" and Cody called her by her name.
- Bailey and Woody like shrimp.
- Cody lived the same day 87 times. Four are shown in the episode.
- Zack tells Cody "I could be Wolfman Zack, howl howl". This is a parody name for the legendary D.J. Wolfman Jack, who is famous for howling on the radio and playing records in the 1950s and 1960s. He even played records on the 1973 movie American Graffiti.
- When Cody is living the same day over and over again, this is what happened on the 1993 movie Groundhog Day, where a weatherman (played by Bill Murray) relives the same day over and over again in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.