|Zack, Cody, and Esteban after breaking the painting|
|Originally Aired:||July 17, 2005|
"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Hotel" is the 12th episode of the first season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. After accidentally destroying a painting, Zack and Cody discover an old newspaper article describing a treasure left in the hotel by mobster Alphonse "Hot Peppers" DeLeo in 1938. Soon, the twins, Maddie, Esteban, London, Muriel, and Arwin are all turning the hotel upside down to find it. The treasure was then revealed to be Muriel, Hot Pepper's true love.
Zack, Cody, and Esteban are playing football in the hallway, and they break a painting. While talking to Mr. Moseby in the lobby, Arwin makes the painting explode, but Cody spies a treasure map on the painting itself. Apparently, a gangster named Hot Pepper hid treasure in the hotel long ago. The twins start to find the treasure, with the help of Maddie, London, Esteban, Muriel, and Arwin. The treasure is not found until Muriel remembers something important: The treasure is actually Muriel herself, as she was the true love of the gangster.
- Zack: (to Maddie) I like how you think, sweet thang.
- Cody: You like anything she says, desperate thang.
- London: Let's look on the bright side. I'm still rich! Yay me!
- Cody: (about Esteban) I think we need to cut him in if he knows about the treasure.
- Zack: Why?
- Esteban: Because I can hear everything you are saying.
- Zack & Cody: Arwin!
- Cody: Arwin can fix it.
- Zack: Arwin can fix anything.
- Arwin: Except a nice quiche. I can't get the cheese to harden quite right.
- Maddie: So London, where do you think the center of the hotel is?
- London: Anywhere I am.
- Cody: (about London) We may have to cut her in.
- Zack: No! She's too rich already.
- Maddie: She's spoiled rotten.
- Esteban: And for Christmas, she gave me a lousy key ring.
- London: You know. I'm standing right here.
- Zack: This conference thing: not working out.
- The title of this episode, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Hotel", is an allusion to the 1963 comedy film, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
- Alcohol is handled in this episode, but not consumed.
- This was Ashley Tisdale's (the portrayer of Maddie) favorite episode that she filmed. She liked having to search for the treasure, the costumes, and the wigs for the flashbacks.
- There is no Nobel Prize for Mathematics. The highest award for a mathematician is the Fields medal.
- In Esteban's fantasy, all of the uniforms still have T's on them, while the desk is the only thing with an E.