|Originally Aired:||January 6, 2006|
"Pilot Your Own Life" is the 23rd episode of the first season The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Cody is inspired by a guest speaker, Troy Robbins, and tries to do the same with his friends. Meanwhile, London and Maddie compete savagely in the fashion shootout of the year to get on the cover of Teen Trends.
Zack and Cody are discussing what to do for their school community service hours. Cody then hears a speech from a guest speaker giving a seminar on piloting your own life, and Cody gets inspired and tells the Tipton Hotel workers to pilot their own life, which forces them to neglect their jobs at the hotel. Cody eventually fails with everyone who he attempted to inspire, but Zack gets an award for community service after the mayor saw him give all the left-over restaurant food to the poor.
Meanwhile, London and Maddie compete for the front page on a fashion magazine.
- London: Oh no she di'int!
- Maddie: Oh yes she di'id!
- Mr. Moseby: Oh! It d'oes'n't m'a'tte'r!"
- Cody: (to Carey) Mom, please tell me everything went okay with your demo CD.
- Carey: Oh, yeah. The guy at the record company said I'd have a future as a cabaret singer. He suggested I check out The Tipton. Apparently, I just spent $500 to find out I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be!
- Cody: (to Zack) Okay, what are you gonna do for your school community service?
- Zack: I thought I'd see a movie, then go tell poor people about it.
- Cody: Zack, this is a chance for us to really help people. I'm thinking about working with kids.
- Zack: I hate kids.
- Cody: You better take this seriously or you're gonna fail while I get an A.
- Zack: You're one of the kids I hate.
- Maddie: Where is Zack? I sent him to spy on London over an hour ago.
- Carey: You're using my son as a spy?
- Maddie: Oh, like you're using him for anything better!
- Maddie: (to London) Well, your mistake was taking on Madeline Margaret Genevieve Miranda Catherine Fitzpatrick!
- London: Fine! Stay in! I'll beat... all of you!
- Cody: Remember, London. If you can conceive, you can believe, and then you'll...
- London: I hate that expression!
- Cody: Mom, do you ever find yourself feeling discouraged, unfulfilled, unappreciated?
- Carey: Not if you eat my casserole.
- Cody: Not gonna happen.
- London: Daddy always says competition's a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.
- This is Muriel's last appearance in the series until the series finale, "Mr. Tipton Comes to Visit".