|Originally Aired:||March 4, 2011|
"Snakes on a Boat" is the 20th episode of the third season of The Suite Life on Deck.
Cody and Bailey, Zack and Maya, and London and Woody are playing "Couples' Game Night" (though London resents Woody calling them a "couple"). After Scrabble and math games don't work out, the gang decides to play the Laughing Game, wherein one partner has to make the other laugh. Cody attempts to do so to Bailey by feeding her intellectual jokes, but she keeps a straight face.
When they move on to Truth or Dare, Woody is dared to go down to the ship's cargo hold and take a picture of a dead body with London's camera phone. The other couples remain behind, and when Cody asks Bailey if she finds him funny, she replies no and tells him that she faked every laugh she ever gave. When Maya asks Zack how many girls he's dated, he spends several minutes going through the ones whose names start with "A", much to Maya's shock.
Woody arrives downstairs and knocks a small crate's lid open, then makes his way over to the coffin. When he pulls it open, London scares him for calling them a "couple", and he drops the phone before they leave. When they return the next day, they discover that the phone has been taken by a snake and that dozens of snakes are now loose on the ship.
Meanwhile, Cody visits the Aqua Lounge and attempts to make people laugh, but no one—especially Bailey—finds any of it funny. On the Sky Deck, Zack tries to calm Maya down, but she eventually tells Zack that she is not interested in hanging out with him. Unknown to Zack, a snake crawls up his pants and bites him, knocking him unconscious. Mr. Moseby learns of this, and has to suck the poison out. Below deck, London and Woody follow a snake to Woody's cabin, where they find hundreds of the snakes lying around.
Zack asks for Cody's advice about how to handle Maya, and he provides simple advice: to apologize to her. He adds a caveat, that whenever asked a question, he should simply reply, "six," saying it works in every situation. Zack takes the advice and apologizes, sweet-talking Maya into forgiving him.
Cody, on the other hand, attempts prop humor to make Bailey laugh, but is unsuccessful. She tells him that he loves a lot of things about him, like how he is smart, kind, generous, and how he wants to have "six" kids. This seems to cheer Cody up.
London and Woody paint the hallway floor with glue outside Woody's cabin and open the door, only to find out that there are now no snakes left in the room. As they escape the hallway, they run up to the Sky Deck to find out that, among Zack and Maya's dinner platter, snakes have invaded the entire deck. Mr. Moseby arrives on the deck, enraged, and uses Cody's prop box to entrap all of them. Moseby gets all of the snakes, except for one which is wrapped around Cody. Finally, Bailey starts to laugh, and Cody says "That's great honey, now can you get this thing off me before it crushes my lungs?" making Bailey laugh even more hysterically.
Maya thanks Zack for a wonderful evening, and Zack decides to ask Maya how many guys she's dated before him. She replies, "Six." Then Zack, shocked says "What!?"
At the end, London tries to use the snake that swallowed her phone to call Chelsea.
- Woody: Your phone might have fallen in that crate.
- London: You dropped my phone into a crate full of... (looks at the sign on the box which reads "CAUTION: DANGEROUS SNAKES") Dangerous snacks!
- Woody: How can snacks be dangerous?
- London: They can be extremely high in sodium.
- Woody: (looks at the sign) The sign says "Snakes".
- London: Who snacks on snakes? Especially salty snakes? That's a silly snack!
- London: What's new, Moseby?
- Moseby: The weirdest thing—Zack encountered a snake on the Sky Deck.
- Woody: What!? A snake! On the ship? Whoa! That's scary.
- Moseby: He got bitten, and I had to suck the poison. Anyways, he's doing fine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go boil my lips.
- Moseby: (screams as he finds a snake in his jacket and pulls it out) That's it! I've had enough of these (sound from the ship's foghorn muffles part of Moseby's dialogue) snakes on my (sound from the ship's foghorn muffles part of Moseby's dialogue, once again) boat!
- Who brought the snakes on board?
- The title of this episode, "Snakes on a Boat", is an allusion to the 2006 movie, Snakes on a Plane.
- The episode was originally thought to be titled "Snakes on Deck".
- This is the second episode of the series that Phill Lewis both directed and appeared in. The first was "Bermuda Triangle".
- It is revealed Bailey had been faking all of her laughter when Cody makes jokes.
- This is the first episode where Bailey and Maya interact with each other.
- It is suggested in this episode that Maya may be a "player", having apparently dated many guys before Zack.
- The music that plays when Cody appears on the Aqua Lounge stage is from the 1990s sitcom Seinfeld.
- There might've been some swear words from Mr. Moseby's rage.
|The Suite Life on Deck (Season 3)|
|The Silent Treatment • Rat Tale • So You Think You Can Date? • My Oh Maya • Das Boots • Bon Voyage • Computer Date • Party On! • Love and War • Trouble in Tokyo • The Ghost and Mr. Martin • Senior Ditch Day • My Sister's Keeper • Frozen • A London Carol • The Play's the Thing • Twister: Part 1 • Twister: Part 2 • Twister: Part 3 • Snakes on a Boat • Prom Night • Graduation on Deck|