| This page documents an official The Suite Life Wiki policy.
It is a widely accepted standard that should normally be followed by all editors. Discuss potential changes unless the edit is minor.
Discussion is an important part of The Suite Life Wiki. It is used to discuss any improvements to the page. Discussion should be used before making major changes to articles.
There are conventions in any discussion, article discussion or not:
- Signing - Users must sign their comments with four tildes (~~~~)
- Use of approriate language - Users must not abuse other users, or attempt to silence their views.
- New heading for new topic - Users should make a new heading for each new discussion topic.
Users who see an unsigned comment may use Template:Unsigned to establish the identity of the poster of that particular comment. This does not however mean that you will not be rebuked for not signing posts.
Never delete talk page posts. Exceptions to this rule include: The Speedy Deletions Talk Page and posts containing extremely bad language. Discussion pages that are too long (that is, they have many sections/separate discussions and/or they are over 32-60kb) should be archived, since older browsers cannot edit these longer pages properly.
Some major changes (such as adminship requests) and discussions where consensus has not been reached are subject to a final vote by the The Suite Life Wiki community. See Project:Voting for more details.
- General concerns/suggestions should be posted on Talk:Community Portal. Larger discussions on the portal should be moved to a new forum.
- General questions about the Suite Life Universe must never be posted on article talk pages, and the Community Portal, but they may be posted on Forum:Suite Life Discussion.