|The Parallel Universalizer|
|Originally Aired:||June 2, 2006|
"The Suite Smell of Excess" is the 15th episode of the second season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Zack and Cody get angry because everyone in the Tipton is busy (and don't want to play), but, when they go to see Arwin, they see the P.U. (Parallel Universaliser), in where they go to a parallel universe.
The episode starts out as Zack and Cody try to sneak out of their room to play hockey. Carey asks, "And just where do you two think you're going?" Cody and Zack stop, Cody is surprised, since Carey didn't even turn around. Zack said that the 'eyes on the back of her head' thing is creepy. Carey tells them, "Just so you know, my vision is 20/20/20/20." She tells them that they have to put on their helmets and pads, Zack wonders if they can go bungee jumping later with the helmets and pads, but she says no. So then they go reading, Zack sarcastically tells Cody, "Better put your helmet on, those are hard-cover books!" Cody gets a paper cut and shouts, "Ow! Paper cut! Mommy kiss it!", while Zack puts his hand over his head in disappointment.
Afterward, Zack and Cody start rollerblading in the lobby. Zack and Cody stop by Maddie, she tells them that her feet are killing her, she gets out of the counter, and Zack and Cody see her with London's high-heels; and tells the twins that London is paying her 100 dollars to wear them. Zack and Cody skate around some more, and Mr. Moseby starts chasing them around to stop them. He stops and yells at Zack and Cody, telling them to stop playing hockey in the lobby. Cody swings the puck and it accidentally lands on Mr. Moseby's mouth. Meanwhile, in the candy counter, Maddie tells London that she can't wear those shoes anymore, London says "Here's 20 dollars," and Maddie takes it.
In Arwin's office, Zack and Cody come in to find Arwin talking to a cut-out of Carey, and they look disturbed and a bit scared. Arwin tells them that he was practicing to ask Carey out. Arwin then shows them a secret project that he's been working on for a while, called the Parallel Universaliser, nicknamed the PU, which was designed to look like a payphone. He tells the twins that it has the ability to transport them into another world. But after that, Arwin had to go to the bathroom, which is when Zack and Cody get into and activate the PU, and as lightning strikes the machine, they get sent away to a parallel universe.
Then they go to the Lobby, thinking they're still in the same old world. They see Mr. Moseby wearing a yellow cap and shades, acting all 'hip.' Cody thinks there are hidden cameras that Moseby's using to get them grounded for being in the lobby. Then the twins find Maddie coming in dressed like London, and London working at the candy counter. Zack and Cody think this is all part of the act, so they go to their room. Carey acted surprised to see them, thinking they were playing lobby football with 'M.' After that, she allows the twins to call room service for food, because if they didn't, she would have to cook for them. After that, Carey tells Zack and Cody that she will see them tomorrow...maybe, and bungee jumps her way out instead of using the elevator. Esteban comes in dressed as a maid, and says that his name is Estebanita. After that, the twins start to think they really got transported to another world.
Cody and Zack go down to the lobby. Parallel London tells Zack and Cody to take as many of the candies they want, and calls them "Sweet Thang." Afterward, Zack, Cody and Parallel Mr. Moseby start jumping on the couches. After Zack and Cody have been watching movies and eating candy for two days, Parallel Carey leaves, telling them that she will be gone for a year promoting her new number one album, Who Needs Kids? Parallel Arwin comes in with great hair, while Carey crushes on him. Zack and Cody start to think that a world that lets them do whatever they want is actually pretty boring. They decide go back down to Arwin's office and get into the Parallel Universaliser while they still have the thunderstorm to activate it, and go home.
As Arwin comes in, Zack and Cody hug him. They tell him about the parallel universe, and about how Carey had a huge crush on him, which is right when Arwin repeatedly tries and fails to activate the PU. The twins then run into the lobby to hug Mr. Moseby, then Maddie, then London. Carey comes in and they also hug her. Then, they tell everyone their story, and tell them about how Esteban was a woman. Esteban comes in dressed as the same as he was in the parallel universe, planning to go to a costume party. Zack and Cody start screaming, and leave.
In the suite, Carey asks them what they want for dessert, and Zack and Cody suggest having vegetables. Carey tells them that it was just a dream that they had at the same time, then Cody and Zack go to bed. Carey digs in Zack's pocket and sees the quarter with George Clooney in there. She says "I'm keeping this one," which ends the episode.
- Maddie: I bet you also think a woman's place is in the kitchen?
- Esteban: Only after she gets back from the grocery store.
- Maddie: Oh that attitude is so typically male. I'll have you know women are capable of doing anything!
- Esteban: How about talking quietly?
- Cody: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
- Zack: Chihuahuas have freakishly large ears?
- Cody: (looks at Zack)
- Zack: I mean, compared to their little bodies, they're like MASSIVE!
- Cody: What's twelve times twelve?
- London: A math question?
- The title of this episode, "The Suite Smell of Excess", is an allusion to 1957 film noir, Sweet Smell of Success.
- The P.U. is a reference to The Doctor's TARDIS from Doctor Who.
- It's never revealed where the Zack and Cody of the other universe are while the main Zack and Cody are in their universe although it's possible with their lack of guidance that they were loose somewhere in the city.
- Zack is most likely in prison. According to the radio at the end of the episode, it is illegal to weigh more than 97 pounds, which Zack definitely does given his size.
- A. Diddy (parallel Arwin) is the parody of P. Diddy.
- Parallel Maddie is not only like London Tipton, but she is also similar to Sharpay Evans (who is also played by Ashley Tisdale).
- Zack says to Cody “Cody, I have a funny feeling that we’re not in Boston anymore“ it’s a parody of Dorothy Gale telling her dog, Toto that they’re not in Kansas anymore from The Wizard Of Oz.
- When Zack and Cody came out of the P.U. machine to their normal universe, the door was open. At the next shot, the door was closed.
- When Arwin attempts to use his P.U. machine to go to the parallel universe, a screen monitor and Dylan and Cole Sprouse can be seen in the reflection of the glass on the door.
- In the parallel universe, Arwin was not an engineer, thus it makes little sense for him to have invented a P.U. of his own.