You can help expand by adding: general content.
|Muriel on top of the thieves|
|Originally Aired:||June 18, 2005|
"To Catch a Thief" is the 11th episode of the first season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. There are thieves discovered to be loose on the Tipton, and the police think it is Esteban. So, to clear his name, Zack and Cody risk total grounding to catch the masterminds of the crime.
The Tipton has an issue. There's a thief on the loose, and everyone thinks Esteban is the thief. Zack and Cody decide to help Esteban clear his name and save his life by finding the real thief. They set up a trap in London's empty suite. They go around the hotel talking about the unguarded jewelry and riches in the suite. The thieves overhear this and set out to gain what's in the suite. The Twins have the assistance of Esteban and Maddie, and set up a large net and a video camera. They capture the thieves and turn them into the police to clear Esteban's name.
Meanwhile, London is traveling on the S.S. Tipton and has put Maddie in charge of taking care of Ivana. Maddie learns that Ivana isn't happy with how little time London spends with her and gains a bond with Maddie due to her constantly hanging out with her. By the end of the episode, Maddie is counseling London and Ivana about their relationship issues.
- Esteban: No one calls Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya Del Rosa Ramirez a thief!
- Zack: No one's got the time!
- Cody: So you mean we're grounded?
- Carey: Grounded? You mean, like in the suite with TV, video games and room service? That's not punishment. That's camp.
- Zack: We never liked camp.
- Carey: Nice try. You're not leaving my sight. In fact, you're spending Saturday with me picking out wardrobe for my act.
- Zack: You mean, where you try on clothes?
- Carey: And lots and lots of shoes.
- Zack and Cody: NO!
- Zack: We got to stop him.
- Cody: But how? We're 12, and last week, you got beat up by a girl.
- Zack: I could've taken her. Except I had too many fish sticks for lunch and it slowed me down.
- Cody: All right. We don't have that much time before the crooks arrive. Do you have the pass key?
- Zack: No. I'm just going to say, "open sesame." Of course I've got the pass key.
- Zack: Hey, it worked!
- Cody: Big deal. You caught Muriel. I've could have done that with a slice of pie and whipped cream.
- Muriel: Ohh, sounds great. Can you heat it up?
- Maddie: Have you two totally lost it?
- Cody: You're the one talking to a dog.
- Maddie: And she agrees with me. You've lost it.
- The title of this episode, "To Catch a Thief", is an allusion to the 1955 Alfred Hitchcock film, To Catch a Thief.
- When London is on the phone with Maddie, you can see that the life preserver behind her says "S.S. Tipton", the base setting for The Suite Life on Deck.
- This episode aired as part of Disney Channel's "So Hot Summer Click It To Pick It Week". Fans could vote on Disney Channel's website which new episode of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody would air next. The choices were between "To Catch a Thief" and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Hotel". "To Catch a Thief" won and the winner was announced on TV by the Sprouse twins themselves.
- When Esteban mentions "removing his knee from the man's esophagus", it's not possible because his knee isn't in contact with the chest of the man in question.