|Mr. Tipton accompanied by his bodyguards|
|Nickname:||Daddy (by London)|
|Ex-Wife:||Li Tipton (3rd wife), Louise Tipton (7th wife), Brandi Tipton (10th wife), Karina Tipton (14th wife), another 14|
|Children:||London Tipton (biological daughter)|
Yolanda (former stepdaughter)
|Nemesis:||Zack Martin, Cody Martin, Woody Fink, Bailey Pickett, St.Mark Owner|
|Employment:||Owner of Tipton Industries|
|Portrayed by:||Bob Joles[SLOZAC] (voice), John Michael Higgins[SLOD]|
|First Appearance:||"Not So Suite 16" (face unseen)|
|Last Appearance:||"Twister: Part 3"|
Wilfred Tipton is the owner of the Tipton Hotel and Tipton Industries, and is London Tipton's father. His face was never seen until the Twister three-part episode of The Suite Life on Deck and is usually only referred to using a phone or off-camera. When he does appear it's usually behind a group of bodyguards, called "The Turtle", who completely surround him.
London is often left disappointed because Wilfred has hardly been around for her when she was growing up. Plus, whenever he makes arrangements to see her, he typically ends up canceling them at the last minute because something has come up.
At one point, after he invested all the money he borrowed from the bank in a diamond mine that happened to be diamond-less, he lost all of it, causing him to go into hiding. He has been married no less than eighteen times--London's mother was his third wife.
In the episode "Twister: Part 3", London calls him to get her out of Kettlecorn, but Cody gets her cell phone and tells him about Bailey's family's farm. Mr. Tipton arrives and then says that he bought the farm from the bank to destroy it and turn it into a plastic bag factory. Zack, Cody, Woody, and Bailey try to get Mr. Tipton to give the farm back. In the end, he gives it back after London threatens to blackmail him.
He is shown to be very uncaring about anything outside of himself and London. He doesn't hesitate to do things that will ruin the lives of others in the pursuit of money. He cut down all the trees on Parrot Island and has illegally smuggled stolen artifacts from another country. It is implied in several episodes that he has committed tax fraud.
It is also known that he has a secret army as revealed in "Silent Treatment". Plus, in the episode "Rock Star in the House", Wilfred is said to be very strict about London's behavior when it comes to celebrities; he doesn't want her near them (which he has tried to enforce since an incident involving Orlando Bloom that resulted in a restraining order, referred to by Mr. Moseby).
In "The Ghost of Suite 613", London explains the "Orlando Bloom incident": apparently she was blamed for receiving a fake love letter from Orlando Bloom (which was actually sent by Maddie). As a result, he sent her a restraining order.
London often says that her father has married many times. He married in "Ala-Ka-Scram!" for the fourteenth time and in "Frozen" for the eighteenth, though varying and inconsistent numbers of ex-wives are mentioned throughout the series. London's mother was actually his third wife (it's unknown if he had any children in his first two marriages).
- London Tipton - Mr. Tipton's only known biological child, as London's never mentioned siblings of any kind (other than former stepsiblings).
- Yolanda - A former stepdaughter, Yolanda is the daughter of Mr. Tipton's ex-wife, Louise, who's the only one of Mr. Tipton's wives to have had children from a previous relationship.
Mr. Tipton does not seem to have many friends, as he told Mr. Moseby he ran out of friends after his ninth wedding.
Mr. Tipton made many enemies due to his greedy behavior:
- In Twister: Part 3, he doesn't know Marion Moseby, although in other episodes, he does.
- In the same episode, he also seems to briefly not even know his daughter, but he does in every other time he talks to her.
- In "Parrot Island", London says he loves Mr. Moseby.
- It was revealed in Twister: Part 3, by Mr. Moseby, that he has no conscience or friends, as he hunts puppies, doesn't care about the ecosystem, and doesn't give back the Pickett farm after buying it until London blackmailed him.
- He can't seem to keep a wife for unknown reasons.
- He seems to have a bad sense of parenting, as he has left London to live away from him and was proud when London blackmailed him.
- In A London Carol, it is revealed he's the primary reason for London's selfish behavior.
- He is similar to London Tipton; both of them are shown to be mean, arrogant and really dumb and forget people's names. He even forgot Marion Moseby's name a lot of times.
- According to London in Mr. Tipton Comes to Visit, his favorite kind of cake is German Chocolate Cake (which, despite the name, isn't actually from Germany). Also, according to London, all of her dad's wedding cakes (at least up to that episode) have been that flavor.